Friday, December 13, 2013

My #CritFest Answers

Name:  Jennifer Welborn
Genre: YA Fantasy
Word Count: 74, 902

What I want my CP to do for me:  

I just want a critique partner who can provide constructive feedback. I also need someone with a little flexibility because I am the mother of a newborn and she does not understand appointment times.  If I said I would video chat with you at 2 o'clock and she decides she wants a bottle at 2 o'clock...well, she wins.  Therefore, it might be 2:10 before I can chat with you and while I'll log on, you might end up watching a screaming baby while I prepare a bottle for the first few minutes.  That's my life!

Why I'm a rockin' CP:

Well, there's the academic stuff.  I am a freelance editor for independent presses. I have edited fiction, short stories, and academic works on history and religious studies. I have a B.A. in History and Religious Studies, and I am nearly finished with a M.A.  I am also fluent in quite a few dead languages so if you want to use Latin effectively in your novel, I'm the one who can help you do it!

In the non-academic pile:  I work best while drinking copious amounts of hot chocolate and listening to loud rock music.  I am chaos incarnate with an incredibly organized desk.  I am honest to a fault, and I don't have much of a filter. I'm not politically correct. I am unintentionally funny, and often I don't get the joke.  I'm a photographer, scrapbooker, and I make soap.  I spent most of my life getting paid to dress in historic costumes and teach programming at museums and historic sites.  I am a mommy, and I'm proud of it.  I used to jog, but then I almost died giving birth to my 8 week old baby....so I haven't gotten to do that in a while.  I think I'm fun (but I'm biased). 


No comments:

Post a Comment